Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 update.

I think I've figured out why dieting doesn't work. Why, every year, millions of people "promise to lose weight" and are all gung-ho about actually getting it done, and then within a week, or a month, they fall back into old habits.

Because IT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP! I was expecting headaches. But TOMORROW, or the next day, not today already! I didn't think I was that jazzed on caffeine. and its not like I drank it every day anyway, but damn, this headache can go somewhere else now. Also, how am I supposed to actually do a physically challenging activity when I feel like just the small movement of turning my head is going to make it explode? And don't even get me started on the nursling who likes to pull hair, okay?

Plus, the longer you "eat right", the more your body starts to burn the fat stored, which is where the body stores toxins that can't be dealt with properly; this is why everyone gets sick with flu-like symptoms after a few weeks. I remember, a few years ago, a friend of mine and I went on the "Metabolic Research" diet together; she dropped out after like 4 or 6 weeks, because she was ALWAYS SICK, and she blamed it on the diet. Its not the diet, its your body! this is crap in your body that has been stored and not metabolized, and now that your body is finally metabolizing it, your feeling it! So rather than go through the pain and suffering of being sick constantly the whole time, people give up and start eating bad yummy disgusting food again.

Then, you get to moving around, and exercising, and your so. freaking. sore. for, like, EVER. Seriously, in the beginning, about all I can handle is a day a week. if I try to go for more than that, I can't. sit. down. properly. I have to fall into a chair, and hope it will hold my weight. also, getting up is no fun. and add 4 kids to that. Blech.

Okay, that's my rant for the day. I didn't expect it so soon. I'm almost a pro at this; I know what to eat, I know what my body can handle, and I know that I get headaches when I don't have caffeine, and after 3 days on a diet, my body goes, "Okay, this isn't funny anymore, where the hell is the chocolate!?!?" and I have to spend all of day 3 eating celery sticks and carrots to prevent myself from snacking on other, more harmful substances. Like chocolate. or cake. or ice cream. yeah, you get the idea.

No comments: