Friday, May 23, 2008

Still trying to get out of my funk...

Yeah, I'm still trying to get out of my funk. Things are definitely better; we took care of the problem, and its not so bad. I'm hoping for more good things to roll in now.

We went and signed up for the gym yesterday. I, personally, prefer to work out at home. But, I don't have any way to do cardio at home, unless I want to run around the block. Hello, ever spent summer in Texas? I don't think so. But, that's not why we joined the gym; its just an added perk. The real reason we join the gym every year is the swimming pool, for the kids especially, and the yoga classes. They offer yoga 4 nights a week; I don't think we'll be going that often, probably twice a week, but even then, its worth it. Its worth it for the pool, and something to do on hot summer days when we don't have any money to do something else. They are offering a water aerobics class; I would love to do that, for my "off" cardio days, but its an additional charge, and I don't think I can come up with that just now.

I'm still waiting for IT, and I'm still bloated and sore and cranky and craving stuff. I haven't done anything all week (any workouts), and I need to get over this funk!

Hope everyone has a great weekend; I don't know if I'm off on Monday or not. Speaking of work, *sigh*. I guess its ok; I just don't like not being good at my job. So this one doctor they have me on just sucks really bad. He has a hand held device, and he sets it down and walks away while he's talking, so he's all echoey; and then there's all this background noise that interferes. Its like, they don't care about us, at all, they just want us to get this done for them; it doesn't matter that there's an actual human being on the other end of that dictation that's going to try to muddle through the mess to make actual English out of it. And its not like, every once in a while, no, its every single 10-minute dictation. I hate this guy, alright? I'm not going to lie! Well, I get through him pretty fast, still, even though I can't catch half of what he is saying, so they gave me another doctor. One that actually knows the part of the device that you SPEAK into for a loud and clear dictation. He's super easy. But, its still not enough work for me; I'm running out before the end of the day, and as of this morning, there was nothing for me to do. I know its not they don't have the work; its that they are putting me on it 1 doc at a time, which is sort of frustrating; I haven't had to do training like this since I got out of school. I can't tell if I'm antsy cause I just want to start making money already, or if it's really bothering me the way they are doing it. Well, I'd say its an even 50-50 of both ;).

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hey Amanda,

I am glad to see that you are still posting. I can hear that you are really down, but at least by posting you are keeping your goals in front of you and consistently trying to move forward.

Your depression worries me though. Perhaps you should see a doctor. I don't think you are feeling the way others feel. Most don't feel they can't get out of bed.

Perhaps a doctor can help. I don't know much about depression, but my limited understanding is that it is a chemical imbalance, and sometimes you need meds to get over it. I hope you don't mind my bold suggestion, it is just that I am worried about you.

You also want to get this resolved as soon as you can
a) so you can get on with your goals
b) so you can get things better with your hubby before he decides he doesn't want to play this game any more (can you tell I have been down this road?)
c) because your kids need you & love you

I would also reset your challenge if you can - because I don't think you feel that May so far represents what you want to do in the challenge.

Also - re cravings. I find that lots of protein really helps me. I can't do carbs! I will try and send you the program I am doing now - it is really helping me.

Hang on & be well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

This will be a quick post because I'm not sure if it will work or not. I tried to leave a comment when you first started your blog but couldn't because I didn't have a login for any of the approved identities, but in the meantime I have a google reader account and I think that might work.

I'll try and if it does I'll come back for more...

Anonymous said...

All rightie then, we're good.

I'm glad to see that you are back in touch again. It looks like you have a good plan, though you are having some problems getting it off the ground.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so down. May-be you should take Cynthia's advice and see if you can get some help since this is something you've been trying to fight for so long and are still having problems with it.

I wish you all the best and will keep in touch.

Joanne

Marbella said...

Hey Amanda! What a busy blog you have today! And what a marvelous day to do something you really want to do. Here´s what you can do...you can go to a fun mall nearby your house, powerwalk all around it, look at all the stores, then stop for a cafĂ© somewhere, and voila...you have had a wonderful time and exercise. I would burn up the asphalt around a Walmart if I could.

Have a wonderful weekend. So glad you joined a gym. What fun in the summer to get to the pool and YOGA besides.

Thinking of you and wanting all the best.
Lynda

Marbella said...

Monday
Hi Amanda! Since you are not posting, am thinking you had an iffy weekend. Hope it´s because you are just busy and having lots of fun. Take care and get back into the things that you think really count.
Thinking of you,
Lynda