Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FINALLY Did it

And I am wore out, too. Dang, I forgot how hard it was in the beginning. Its one thing to put it all down on paper, and get yourself all psyched up about it; its another thing to struggle to do that last set of reps because your muscles are so weak, your knees are afraid to unlock because you might just fall down. Needless to say, I only did the strength training today; guess the cardio intervals will have to be tomorrow. And that's no big deal; that's totally fine. I'll work my way up to doing it all in one day. But, I DID IT.

So, I was thinking about it, and I decided that maybe me getting sick on day 1 wasn't necessarily a sign of things to come; maybe it was more of an object lesson that I don't have to be perfect all the time. Are those 2 days that I lost going to make a difference in the end, compared to the rest of the 12 weeks? Not really. That's why its ok to have a cheat meal once a week. Its OK not to be perfect. Just do the best that you can do, and it will all fall into place. There's no need stressing about any of it; just do it.

So, I've kept myself a running list of projects that I can do to sort of keep my mind, body, hands, etc. occupied so I don't rummage through the pantry looking for a snack or anything. Several on my list are lists, lol, of things to do when I get bored, things to eat when I don't want to cook, things to eat when I don't have time to cook, etc. I made my bored list today; and I'm currently researching about once a month cooking; the idea to cook once, freeze it all, and then have meals for a month. I probably won't take it to that extreme right off the bat; I'll have to ease into it, figure out 1 or 2 meals I can double or triple, and then see how it goes. If I get it going right, I can do something nearly every night; just double or triple whatever is for dinner that night, and I will have something in the freezer to heat on the days we barely have time to eat, let alone cook and eat, or the days I don't feel like putting together a meal at all. More on that to come.

So, here is my "What to do when I'm bored" List. I'm sure some of it is self-explanatory; some of it will probably only mean something to me, and surely I'll be expanding on it as time passes.

work in garden
work on crochet project
work on cross stitch project
read a book
take a nap
take a walk
clean a room
go outside and walk the yard, thinking up ideas for changes
look up information on a recipe, gardening, or anything else
brush teeth
brush hair
wash face
pedicure
manicure
go through closet
go through drawers
work on list for summer
work on garden for next year
post a blog
work on picture albums
work on scrap books
clean off computer
plan landscape for yard
make a list of house "wants"
prepare a meal for freezing


Another thing I've decided to do; I'm going to daily change my calender at the bottom for my workouts; blue means success, red means didn't happen. That way, I have a visual of my progress, and whether I need to step it up a notch. ;)

See you tomorrow!

No comments: