Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finished a project...

Thursday; I did my TT workout yesterday, but chose not to do anything today. I felt I needed the break, plus I don't want to push myself too far too fast and burn out. I spent the day cleaning the house, rearranging dishes in cabinets and stuff. I've actually had a very interesting day; found a frog in the pool; or a toad, whichever. It had a smaller one on its back; I stuck a log in there so it would have a perch. While I was cleaning, I left the doors open for the cats to get out; later on that day, one decided he was going to catch him a snack, bring it home, and play with it. I was not pleased.

Currently looking for a new job; have an offer from today, probably will take it. I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for stuff to come in. There were 2 in particular I was banking on, but its been a week, and I haven't heard anything, so I'm thinking I'll take this one.

So, I finished a project that has been ongoing since the beginning of April. It was a blanket for my niece; I wanted to give it to her for her birthday party at the end of April. I might could have finished it, if I hadn't gotten sidetracked one entire week I had unexpected family in. I had most of it done for the party; I gave it to her, so she could see it, and then took it back to finish it. After the party, I took about a week and a half off of it, since I had been pushing it pretty hard beforehand. Finally picked it back up this week, and finished it today. Here's the pics...





I crochet the blanket, and then cross-stitched Eeyore on. Don't worry; I have a list of more projects in the back of my mind to work on ;)

My sister is pregnant, so I want to make her a baby blanket; and I have a basket full of red suede yarn and gray chenille yarn waiting on me to pick a design to turn them into ;)

4 comments:

Margaret2007 said...

How sweet Amanda!!! I used to do cross-stitch years ago and really enjoyed it myself...What a wonderful thing to give things to people that are kept as keepsakes!

Also, just wanted to tell you it took 5 WEEKS for my boss to get back to me after my interview! I was thinking someone else got the job, but he was just busy! I checked with HR to "see if they needed any more info..." on a weekly basis to show interest...I've been here nearly 6 years now...and happily so.

Stay strong!

Marbella said...

Just LOVE that blanket Amanda. So cute..you are so smart to do things like that. I am a quilter, but haven´t done much in the past couple of years. Too many exercises taking up my time lol. Hope all´s well in your world. Raining again here in Madrid.
Lynda

Marbella said...

Amanda, where are you? Why aren´t you posting? Hope all is OK. Don´t get behind...try to post daily even if it´s a little bit..will keep up the accountability. We all are, and believe me it´s not easy some days. Sure does help tho...
Hope all´s well.
Lynda

Marbella said...

Still checking up on you Amanda...where are you? Hope all´s ok.
Lynda