Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A sign of things to come??

You would not believe what happened to me yesterday. I can't even believe it happened to me!! I got sick yesterday, and couldn't work out.

God, does that sound like the lamest excuse or what?? "I got sick". Well, let me expand on that, because it sounds like I had a cough or the sniffles or something. Oh, no.

About 10 yesterday morning, my stomach started hurting. Like I had swallowed acid, and it was coating my stomach. I thought maybe I had drank too much coffee, since I hadn't eaten anything that morning, so I got up to get me some water. The pain slowly intensified, and I took some antacid, and went and laid down for a little while to see if that would make it better. When I got back up, it was to send my supervisor an email that I wasn't going to be able to work the rest of the day, and somehow I stumbled back into the bedroom. I was SICK! I was so weak, I could barely keep from falling down. My stomach pain had worsened, and was my entire abdominal area, with the majority of it radiating down to my right hip.

I tried calling my doctor, but apparently they take a 2-hour lunch break from 11:30 to 1:30. If I hadn't been home alone, and felt like I couldn't even move, let alone drive, I would have taken myself to the hospital, it was that bad. I ended up curled up in a ball on my bed, writhing around in pain, with my bucket beside my bed in case I ended up throwing up. I felt so bad.

Eventually, the pain subsided enough for me to get some sleep, as long as I didn't move, or, you know, breathe. When I woke up, the pain was only there with movement, my whole abdominal area between my ribcage and hip bones. It almost was like my internal organs were bruised, and so they were fine unless I put any pressure on them; sneezing, laughing, moving, breathing....

I never did throw up, even though I thought I was going to. I was able to stick to my ESE, though! (I know, its not funny). So, needless to say, I didn't get my workout in yesterday. And I'm really pissed off about it. What a way to start my 12-week journey, huh? I'm frustrated about it, and not really sure what to do. As of now, I don't know if I will be able to work out today, either; I'm still really sore (internally). So, should I shove the whole thing back a week? Or hope that as the day goes by, I'll be able to do some sort of light activity, and then pick back up on the hardcore stuff tomorrow? I don't know. I know that I very nearly cried because of this, messing my plan up; in the very beginning, no less. It always seems like something like this happens to me; and I know that sounds like I'm whining, but this was beyond my control, and it wasn't something small that I turned into something big. This was big, and it screwed up my plans, and it seems like something always happens to me when I start something new; thinking back on it, it always feels like an excuse I made to myself to not be able to start, but this is not an excuse. Is this a sign? I don't want it to be! I want to get where I want to be! I don't want to have a million starts, but no end because I was never able to complete what I started! I want to be beautiful and fit and lean. **SIGH**

I'll drop in tomorrow to say whether or not I was able to work out.


2 comments:

Margaret2007 said...

Hope you are on the mend today Amanda...

It was probably some intestinal flu. I used to get symptoms like you described much more often and it was dx as gastroenteritis...Clear liquids for 24 hrs and easing back into things was what always helped me...You probably wouldn't have to wait a week, but a bit of a delay in your program will only help you feel stronger and ready for full program...perhaps a couple of days...

Here's to a quick recovery!

Marbella said...

Good going Amanda with the ESE tho not as planned. Don´t let this setback get to you. The trail goes forward. Keep it going. Am counting on you to be NĂºmero Uno!
Lynda