Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hump Day

I'm feeling pretty good today. I was able to do a workout yesterday, did a little Turbo Jam. I was a little tired after; sort of drained. I think the shower I took immediately afterward was too hot, or something; I just had no energy for the rest of the day.

A few years ago, when I was taking those pills that are like speed the doctor gives you for weight loss, I used to wait until after the kids were in bed before I did a workout. This was when my husband was working second shift, so I was home alone, and it would be 8-9 at night, and I would go in, do a workout, stumble into the shower, and then crash out. I feel like that's the kind of workout person I am; I don't get energy after I workout. I don't do that now, because I get off work at 3, and then I have an hour all to myself before anyone else comes home. I don't like working out with other people in the house; I'd rather just have my alone time.

I feel like I need a nutrition brush up; I've been doing low carb for so long, nearly a year off and on, that I don't even know what's good for me anymore; I'm sort of brainwashed into the low-carb thinking I suppose. I don't mean that in a bad way; its just hard to overcome those habits of "I can't have that, its a carb" to "Can I have that? Is it healthy?" I'm ok with the veggies and stuff, its the other stuff I'm stuck on. Like, potatoes are so weird, their veggies, but their also bad, or something, and then rice is iffy too, so its all confusing. I have a lot of e-books I can read to sort of reinform myself with, I just need to get around to reading them. Its on my list ;)

I "met" someone today; she's on the Fit Yummy Mommy forum, and she is also a TT-er! LOL. We've only had the one conversation, but its neat to meet someone doing the same thing as you.

As the days go on, it sort of gets harder to know what to say. I feel its silly to just come here and say, yep, I did it right, and that's all. But, I'm not really much of a talker in person, so I guess that's ok, too. I have no plans for tonight, so I'm hoping to have time to look over a few of the nutrition e-books I have, refresh my memory as to what is good and what is ok and all that jazz.

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Hey Amanda,
Am not much either on having extra energy, but find that *lately* I do have it. I now have a scoop of protein powder before or during my workouts, and it makes a huge difference. Also sleeping enough. Keep tweaking, you´ll find the way.
Lynda