Monday, May 5, 2008

And...She's off!

Well, today is Monday. Day 1 of my journey. I did everything yesterday to get this initiated; I took my pictures, took my measurements, and posted them all over the place. So, my first weeks' measurements are on my chart, and I will post the photo here at the end. I turned the photo in for the contest, and now we are on a roll.

I meant to post every day, but Saturday I just wanted OFF the computer for one lousy day! And yesterday, I never really got time to do it, there were different things going on around here. I did get in a workout yesterday; did some yoga. Such a wonderful thing; nice for stretching, and it got my muscles humming. I always feel so good when I do yoga; I don't know why I ever quit doing it.

So, today I'm going to do my TT workout; intermediate A. and for intervals, I'll be doing the bodyweight intervals. I probably won't post much on my workouts here, other than I did it.

As far as my eating goes, I did really well yesterday. When I got a chocolate craving, I fixed myself a chocolate protein shake with ice and coffee; that seemed to help settle it down. I remembered that I wanted to try the Eat Stop Eat system, but hadn't incorporated it into my meal plans. Normally, on the weekends, we get so off routine, we sometimes don't eat lunch until 3 or 4; and IF we eat dinner, its pretty close to bedtime. So, I decided to take advantage of that, and do my ESE night on Sunday night, when I'm already most likely not going to eat dinner. I just have to get through today; around 4 is when I can have something, so no breakfast other than coffee, and no lunch. But I will be drinking tons of water today.

Well, I guess that's all for now; now that it has begun. I will do check-ins daily to say whether or not I did my workout, and also will be posting my food on my spreadsheet. I'm so excited, but sort of less stressed out now that it has begun. Its been so great to have people commenting on my blog; most of you I know from way back when, and its so wonderful to "see" you again! And it makes me feel really good to have someone I DON'T know come and take a look and post a comment for me. It helps me with the accountability, with the thought that there are those that are checking up on me ;).

Here's the picture I submitted for the contest. I will either post again today or tomorrow with the success of today.

2 comments:

Margaret2007 said...

Keep your eyes on the prize Amanda...and always looking for better ways to treat yourself right! You deserve this...we all do...and we serve others better with a strong, healthy body, mind and spirit!

YGG!
Margaret

Marbella said...

Hey Amanda,
Just checked your blog and it´s going SO WELL! So happy to see you so organized and ready to go. You can do this! I do fully expect you to win this. Show us we are right!
Lynda