Friday, August 15, 2008

So, I finally did my yoga workout today.I don't know if its because I didn't have to work today, or because Jon wasn't home (he's working late), but I managed to squeeze it in. How. Very. Disappointing.

Ok, yes, I understand. I'm pregnant. I have to be careful. I will soon be overwhelmed with gravity, and actually not have full function or control of my body. Not to mention, somewhere during these 9 months, my body turns to fragile china, and I have to be oh so very careful with the way I carry, position and move my body from pose to pose. Also, I've probably never exercised a day in my life, so I need very detailed and explicit instructions for about 30 seconds before each pose is performed, oh so achingly slowly. Not to mention, we don't want to push ourselves too far during pregnancy, because pregnancy is a static time for our bodies, and we don't want to make any advancing movements.

What a crock of shit.

Ok, I get it. I probably got a bad DVD, right? I just need to keep on looking try again, etc etc. The thing is, I was very careful about the one I picked out; it had the best reviews, a lot of women raved about it, said they had done yoga before and this really gave them a workout, blah blah blah blah blah.

I've done yoga before. Its been about 6 months, but I've done yoga before. Therefore, I felt that this DVD was going to be the best one for me to get, since I can't really consider myself at an intermediate level, right? Guess not.

So, I'm not bragging or anything, but I'm really flexible. Like, really flexible. Like, right now, having not done anything in quite a while, I'm more flexible than some of the women doing yoga who have done it for a while. Which, actually, is a bad thing, in this case. It means that I have to really keep up with my stretching and flexibility, because if I don't, it causes all kinds of problems with pains in my hips and back. Another problem with this is, even though I'm technically a beginner at most of this yoga stuff, I am doing intermediate/advanced poses, simply because that is how flexible I am, and I have to do it that far/deep to get any sort of stretch.

There was another DVD that I was eyeballing, but I shied away from it; the reviews were from, for lack of a better term, hardcore yogis. I'm talking, women who TEACH yoga, talking about this is an awesome DVD, it really gave them a stretch, blah blah. Well, apparently, I'm going to have to go hardcore yoga, because Yoga Momma didn't cut it.

No comments: