Friday, August 15, 2008

I hate clothes shopping. Well, for me, specifically. I could 'browse' and help someone else all day. But for me, its a different story. I can never find *EXACTLY* what I'm looking for; apparently, I just made it up. I guess I need to find a seamstress (or learn myself) and have all my clothes made for me.

Apparently, I am the tallest woman EVER to be pregnant. Ever. First of all, when I buy pants, regardless of if I'm pregnant or not, I'm either buying men's, so I can get the 34" inseam, or I am buying the "tall" size at the New York store. So, now that I'm pregnant, and getting bigger, and outgrowing all of my clothes, I obviously cannot wear them anymore. So, I'm looking for new clothes. I have one pair of jeans, my "fat" jeans, that I am still able to wear, if I pull the waistband below my belly paunch. But, they have giant holes in the inner thighs, so they aren't necessarily appropriate for public wear.

So, my sister just had her baby, and she tried to give me her maternity clothes. First of all, let me just start by saying, my sister is about a foot shorter than me, ok? But, when it comes to SIZE, we are about the same. She has all the same SIZE pants from the maternity store that I would buy. And the pants are capris on me.

So, I go and look it up online; the longest inseam I can find is 31.5 inches. Well, if I was really short, I could get the special short pants with a 29 inch inseam. WTF?? Like I said, I'm the tallest woman EVER to be pregnant. Oh, and on a budget, musn't forget that I absolutely refuse to pay $100 for a pair of pants that will last me 6 months, and I will NEVER wear again.

So, here are my options, apparently, since I can't buy "maternity" pants. 1) buy more 'fat' jeans (men's jeans with a higher number in the waist, like a 36, and still have the inseam appropriate for me), 2) wear sweats/yoga pants for the rest of my pregnancy. So tempting, I just can't decide.

UGGGH!!

No comments: