Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm ready for summer to be over, and school to start. Mostly because my air conditioner is out. We're having a hard time around here, and things are only just now looking up. (Ha ha, I just realized what I do. You see this? I don't post when things are bad, I post when things get better; but in doing so, I'm still posting about the bad, lol). Anyway, I finally got a job that actually has work for me, so that means after 3 months with no pay I'm finally bringing in a paycheck. Which is right about when we need it, since we're behind on the mortgage. And, like I said, our AC went out. There's no way we can replace that by the end of the season, though. Absolutely ridiculous. Ok, my husband builds AC units for a living, right? He knows what's what, and where it goes, and all that. So this thing has been trying to go out for about a month; every week, he'd spend 200 on something, and get it fixed. Well, Saturday morning, we woke up to a melted compressor. That's right, melted; and he can't fix that on his own; he can't change it out, because of the freon and oil inside, and then when it gets changed out, it needs to be charged and all that. So, we had to wait until Monday to call around and get prices; get this. We could only get 1 company to actually give us a price over the phone; the rest were all, "It will be 150 service charge to come out and look at the unit and diagnose the problem". I'm sorry, didn't you hear me? I'm telling you the problem, I don't need it diagnosed.

Anyway, the 1 company that would give us a price, well their computers were down on Monday, so they called us back on Tuesday. Are you ready for this? $2000 to replace the compressor. Wanna know how much for a brand new unit? $2500. That's right, folks, for only $500 more you get a brand new unit, with a new warranty, etc etc! Needless to say, I'll be without AC for the rest of the year.

I'm in such a mood lately. I swear if I had a decent idea, I could write a novel. Or at least a synopsis ;). I don't know what it is with me; I WANT to be creative; the fact that I'm not is very frustrating to me right now, lol. I want to write something!! So far I've just been doodling in my blog, pulling stuff out that is pretty far down, and examining it, and throwing it out for all to see and examine.

My sister is having her baby on Monday. She's having a Cesarean done. I won't be able to be there at the hospital with her, mostly because of my job, and the kids, and the extra kid I watch, and that its Monday, but I will go see her Monday afternoon. I can't WAIT to meet baby Natalie!! I'm hoping she will ignite the baby fever in me, get me more excited about my own ;). I will have a baby to play with for 5 months before mine gets here; I only hope I don't get "over" it ;)

I feel like I'm...lazy, or unmotivated sometimes. I really need to get my butt up and start doing something, especially now, before I get too far advanced in this pregnancy, and its too late. I started walking last week, but only waled for 2 days, skipped the weekend, and then didn't do anything all week this week. I want to get started back in yoga; remember when I signed up for the Gym in May, hoping to get back into it? Still haven't done it. Something always seems to happen, and I hate saying that and using it as an excuse, but it always seems like Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days I have to watch the extra kid longer than normal, so it goes over into my yoga class time; this week, Jon worked late at work, and I didn't want to go by myself. Guess what? He's most likely working late again today, and I have to bring him dinner about the time the class is. So, it doesn't look like its going to happen again. I don't know why I can't do stuff by myself; I spend most of my time trying to convince Jon to do something with me, and then he finally gives in or it works out, and half the time I wished I had just done it on my own ;).

I'm still really anxious to find out what the baby is. I want to get prepared; not that it matters, I don't have any money to go buy anything, and I really need to get my house organized before I bring more clutter into it. Right now, everything is a mess; I've had to move my desk into my bedroom, so I can work, cause we have a window unit in here. Its the only cool room in the house; of course, it's freezing me out; I'm wearing socks, sweat pants, and a jacket half the time. Its crazy; the rest of the house is about 85, and I'm freezing my toes off in here, trying to work. At least I'm not roasting, I suppose. So, because the desk is in here right now, we obviously can't get the room ready for the baby. Its too early anyway, I'll admit that, but, I wanna do something!! I need to do something. I have tried to immerse myself in projects to keep me distracted, but its not really working; they aren't fulfilling what it is that I want to do, so I'm still restless. Even now, typing out this blog, I'm restless to do something that I really want to do; the sad thing is, I don't really know what that is ;)

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Hi Amanda,
So glad that you´re OK and have that good new job. Congrats! Maybe you could do some cakes to sell, maybe you could knit/crochet something for you or the baby and keep busy. Maybe you could even start a book? Google it and take some courses on writing...you might make you fame there. Go for it if you can. I couldn´t, no talent, but YOU CAN. Glad you are OK. Be happy. You have such a devine family.
Lynda