Monday, June 2, 2008

Well, here I am

Hi guys! I really love that all of you have kept up with me! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy; honestly, I was doing this blog for myself, I never anticipated that anyone would care if I blogged or not.

So, I'm at 6 weeks pregnant, and I'm just in a rare state of mind. I'm so flustered and scared and not sure what to do! This is going to be like starting over for me; my youngest will be 7 in September; by the time the baby gets here, my oldest will be 9!! Oh my!!

So, I've already had all kinds of weird dreams and all that, and they have me totally scared that I'm going to have twins! I just can't shake the feeling. I haven't said anything to anyone yet, and I won't see my doctor again until July 14th, when they can hear the heartbeat, so I guess I won't know anything until then. I'm already making my lists of what I need; I need EVERYTHING! I don't have 1 single item left over from my babies. So I don't even know what everything entails! I thought I had made a pretty complete list, then we were at the store the other day, pricing cribs, and I saw high chairs! DUH! Not that that will be necessary in the beginning, but still!

I really want to get started on my collecting of items. I want to get started on clothes; buy one pack a week or whatever. I can't really do anything until I know what I'm having. I can't even pick out crib bedding until I know what it is!! I want to make my crib bedding, but I can't go pick out fabric, either! I don't want to find something I really like, then them not have it in 3 months. I have a sonogram scheduled for September 11 to find out what it is. That's a long way away!!

We already have names. LOL. Its sad, these names have been in the back of my brain for 7 years. David Alan, if its a boy, and I was thinking Elysabeth Grace for a girl, but my husband just told me he doesn't like Grace, so we will have to hash that one out. I'm trying to thing of ways to incorporate Lily or Lillian; Lillian Elysabeth? I don't know, he doesn't know if he likes that one, either. ;) We have plenty of time, I know.

Well, I'll try to get back on when I have anything to add. Obviously, not much to say in the beginning. I'm not quite sick yet; I have a bit of queasiness in my tummy, and I have had a screaming headache for a week, which, of course, I can't take anything for, but no real nausea and no vomiting yet. Thank the lord. I was so sick with my other 2, I lost 15 lbs with Kathryn before I started gaining! Ugh, I don't want to start throwing up again. Ugh.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi Amanda,

It is so nice to hear how your new journey is starting.

Don't over think it, these things have a way of working themselves out. And......at least this time you will have some built in helpers and eventually babysitters. How bad can that be?

xoxo
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

I'm glad you decided to stick with the blog! It's great to hear how you are doing. Are the kids excited to hear about their new brother/sister? Or are you waiting a while to tell them?

Marbella said...

Super Amanda if they´re twins. Maybe this is just what you need. To have something to glue you guys together, and to have a *project* that keeps you busy. Read up on how to have babies and still be thin when you get them, or be beautiful in the meanwhile. Good luck to you. So happy about the baby (s).
Lynda

Margaret2007 said...

LilyAnn Elysabeth really is BEAUTIFUL!!!

AND I have twins!!!! well, ok, they're 22 yrs old, but it sure was an adventure when they were born!!!! My oldest was 14 months old when they came along....I have to say I was totally shocked though when I found out I was having them....

I'm so glad you're gonna share this journey with us!!! It's been a while for me with my "baby" being 20, but I'm a grandma now with a nearly 5 month old grand-daughter....Have fun and ENJOY THE JOURNEY!

Hugs,
Margaret