Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling a bit better, then not...

I meant to come on here last week; Thursday-ish, to let you know i was feeling actually normal for the first time in a week. I had had a HORRIBLE headache nearly nonstop all week, pretty much the definition of a migraine; first of all, I'm allergic to all Rx migraine meds. Second of all, I'm only allowed Tylenol when I'm pregnant. Needless to say, I was not getting rid of the headache. It finally went away on Thursday, and I felt normal. For a day. My husband came home that day, early, from work, telling me he was feeling bad, sort of like he was getting sick. Stomach was upset, eventually he started running a fever, and then, as he was lying down, before he went to sleep, he told me he had the worst headache of his life. A lightbulb went on for me; maybe I had some kind of summer cold/virus that was floating around, and just blamed it on the pregnancy. Well, there is something going around, we all have had different versions of it. Mine was headache and nausea, which could have been caused by the headache, or the nausea. Jon had upset stomach, fever, and headache. The kids threw up for 2 days (no fever). The little boy that we are watching over the summer has the same thing Jon had. And the little girl Kathryn went swimming with on Wednesday night had fever. So weird. Also, I went to the doc yesterday, cause I'm getting a kidney infection. I really don't want to be on antibiotics while I'm pregnant; I did with my other 2, and I strongly believe that is the reason they were "born" with rotten teeth. I think the antibiotics did something to the development of their baby teeth, that caused them to decay easier. But, it can't be helped at this point.

So, finally feeling better, for a while. I still have mild headaches, but not severe like before, and I'm still nauseated, and I'm still trying really hard to take it easy on myself. I really don't want to be sick with this one. I was so sick with my daughter, I threw up for the first 6 months, and lost 15 lbs. With my son, it was the first 3-4 months, and I lost 7 lbs. I'm really conscientious of my body, and my symptoms, and when I get too hot, or too tired, or too sick at my stomach, or anything, I go lie down. I've been lying down a lot. Its really frustrating for me, I want, no, I NEED to get as much work done as possible, but I have several issues standing in the way of that. One, being the obvious, that I'm sick nearly every day. The other is that I'm still technically on "watch status", so I don't get to submit all my work right away, therefore, I don't know how much work I've done in a given day. I get paid on production; I'm supposed to keep up with that production level to make sure I'm doing all I'm required in a day. But I don't submit my work, I give it to someone else to look at, who then submits it, therefore, I don't have immediate feedback as to how much work I've done/how much work needs to be done. Its very frustrating.

I'm also very sad right. Needless to say, my emotions aren't very stable, which is a very strange place for me; I always try to be a rock, you know? I'm a strong woman, I recognize that and accept that as who I am. People see it in me, and the know that about me. I am crying like a damn baby every 15 minutes. Well, ok, technically, I have good reason; but normally, I would be able to just push it out of my head. I can't stop thinking about it now. 2 of my cats have gone missing; 1 has been gone for over a week now, the other for a few days. The first one was a wild rescue, he's used to being outside and stuff, and I can only hope that he's "gone wild" again, and may show up soon. But he's very skittish around people not us, so I don't believe anyone's taken him home as a new pet. The other one, on the other hand, would walk up to a drooling pit bull to make friends. He's the friendliest, sweetest cat around. Very patient; the only one I would trust to let his tail get pulled by a baby and not get scratched; I know, I've seen it. I can only hope for him that someone did find him, and take him home, and he hasn't had a chance to escape back outside yet. But, I cry every night; I check the doors every morning and night, hoping to hear or see them coming home. This morning I really bawled; it was raining. When my white cat, the friendly one, goes out and it starts raining, he comes home immediately, lol. I guess I was hoping the rain would bring him home. He's never been gone this long, only a few hours, and usually we can find him in the back or front yard anyway. I'm so sad that I will never see my babies again. Now I'm crying again, just talking about it.

Hope everyone is well, and enjoying life now. Will check back in later.

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Hi Amanda,
I just now saw this post, and just reading it makes me sad. Hope your kittys are back in their beds by now, your headaches gone, your kidney infection is over and the sunshine is back into your life. Realize that it´s just an iffy moment in your life, and don´t let it get you down. Take it one step at a time and get thru it. All will be better soon for you.
Hugs,
Lynda