Monday, September 15, 2008

Still here ;)

Hi ya, thanks for checking up on me, Cyni. Things were looking pretty scary at first, but then, a weather-miracle happened. They say a dry front swept in from the side, collided with Ike, and pretty much took all the gust out of his sails before he even reached us. We did have high winds and little bit of rain; but we didn't have the flooding like we did about a month ago with another hurricane. There were a few knocked down limbs, a few uprooted trees, but all in all, we were unscathed. The worst damage here at our house was the privacy fence between us and the neighbors was knocked down; its their fence, though, so they are fixing it ;)

We were without electricity or internet for about 2 days, but that is all resolved now.

I'm still working on all my many projects, trying not to blow off my head with all the information I'm trying to process with my CDing, and I'm trying to work as much as I can, mostly because I've been out of work, and I'm looking to supplement, Jon is supposed to have "time out of the schedule" next week, so that's going to hurt us more, and we desperately need to get caught up.

Hope all is well with everyone else ;)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

glad to hear all are well

Good luck with the job situation

Cynthia